Friday 27 January 2012

On My Own!

So today I had the kindies all by myself for the morning. I knew I could handle it, but was still a little worried at having 20 5-6 year olds, 15 of them boys . I am pleased to say that they did not win out, I have the victory. We were able to get all of our work done and have some time to spare. IT was nice being able make my own decisions and not have to ask for validation. I had an aid in the room for about a half an hour and she was quite pleased with my ability to rangle them and move them from task to task. We did have a few punches thrown, one at recess and one that was spured on from reading a book about a snowball fight. That is what I get for being in a classroom full of boys. Anything seems to set them off to play fighting.

I feel a major sense of accomplishment. I can do this and have not lost my ability to teach on my own. I am very to ready to have my own classroom, hopefully this next year that can become a reality. I am waiting to hear back from the state as to if I have my provisional teaching certificate, when that comes through I will be applying for jobs like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment