Sunday 26 November 2017

How a Dress Can Change the World!


Why am I doing Dressember?

I have had friends that have done it for years and I always thought that it looked interesting. But honestly I always thought that only wearing dresses for the entire month seemed very hard for me.

Which I have realized, is the point.

Yes, wearing the dress will cause people to ask questions, which opens the door to conversations. But truly why I am doing it this year is because I realize that this needs to be a sacrifice.

I need to be sacrificing in some way for this to matter. It has to cost me something, not just financially, but with my daily life.

I know that these women and children that are affected by human trafficking are sacrificing a great deal. They did not have the choice, but I do, and I am going to sacrifice for them this December.

This may seem to some as a flippant sacrifice. That I am not really sacrificing at all. But this is what I can do. This is what I am to do right now. I cannot go over there and rescue these women right now. But what I can do is wear dresses for a month. This is my choice. This will remind me every moment of the day of these women that do not have a choice.

This is my little sacrifice in the hope that God will use it to bring about the rescue of his people. I am joining fifteen other ladies to help fund a rescue mission. A rescue mission costs $6,300. This is the cost from the initial investigations to the immediate after care needed. Help me reach my goal of $350. God can do so much with a willing and obedient heart.

What are you doing when you hear about these people and what they are going through? I know I always thought that I couldn't do anything. Now I know that I can do something. I can give, wear a dress, and talk to people about the real lives that are affected by human trafficking.

Please partner with me, as we partner with these great organizations that do the rescue missions and the after care. International Justice Mission, and A21 Check out the organizations that the money goes to.

Watch how this all started!

If you feel compelled to help these women by donating, you can right at this website


If you have a nudge at all, be a part of something that is moving and giving freedom to people who need it! That is what Jesus is all about, giving FREEDOM. 

Luke 4:18-19
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
    and recovering of sight to the blind,
    to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

You can do something, you can be apart of the solution, because not doing something is being apart of the problem. Neutral is not a stance. So choose to do something. 

I will leave you with Shia- JUST DO IT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment