Thursday 12 January 2012

One Door Closes, Hopefully One Opens!

So I found out that I did not get to the next stage of interviewing for Teach For America. I feel as though I am disappointed. I have a lot to offer, but I also had this feeling from the beginning in the way back of my mind that I would not get it. It was a weird tug-of-war. But now I know that I will not be apart of Teach For America. So now what...

I was kind of hoping that I would get into Teach For America because my next two years would be planned for me, but I guess God has other plans. I think he might want me to have to work a bit to find employment, or he wants to surprise me with something even better. I think he will show up in a way that I didn't expect because I had to trust, it wasn't just given to me.

But I am sitting here maybe 20 minutes after I found out that I did not make it into Teach For America and I have already started thinking of what I am going to do. I have begun to search for jobs in different locations, quite blindly I might add.

I am going to work at becoming certified in Illinois and then we shall see from there. I will have a provisional certificate for 2 years so that will for sure help with employment, but I feel as though I am back where I was when I graduated form University. No prospects. But hopefully something will come up and hopefully it will be perfect, maybe not forever, but at least for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment