Sunday 23 October 2011

Second Job

So I am really entering the adult world. I am realizing that I will need more money and have now started looking for another job. I know big step. I was thinking that my student loans are going to be starting to roll in, or maybe shoot in like a bullet, and I want to not be wondering if I am going to be making ends meet. It will still be tight, but I do not need to have a crazy amount of money.

So knowing this, I began to search for a part-time job. I was hoping to find something that was a bit more self directed, such as personal shopping or personal styling. But I feel as though living in my small little town the need is not too great. Thus I am looking into a few different places.

I applied at CVS pharmacy, but did not get a call back. I also applied at Family Video, which surprisingly I have made it through 2 out of the three stages of interviewing so far. I met with the store manager, and had to take a test. I know what you are thinking "a test for a video store," but yes I had to take a test. It was actually quite difficult. There were 8 different sections, two were math and I did not even finish them in the time allotted. I had to alphabetize, find synonyms, reading comprehension. It was crazy. I thought I was in school again. I was so nervous I was shaking!!

But I passed. I did not think that I did.

So tomorrow I meet with the district manager. And after that I will find out if I have another job. Which will make me rest easy a bit more.

Kids are funny-I asked a girl where she has been (because she had been gone) another little boy said "At the junkyard." I laughed so hard. He was not being mean, I think he just said the first thing that came to mind! It was funny


No comments:

Post a Comment