Saturday 15 October 2011

Coworkers!

So I always new that working with kids meant working with parents as well. Sometimes working with parents can be the hardship, not so much the kids. But I guess I never knew that your coworkers could be the issue. I was pretty much scolded the other day for simply doing as I was told. In some ways it reminded me that I was only 24 and the new kid on the block. Sometimes it is not a plus to be young working with people that are much older than me. I find that I can at times be treated like a child.

I did receive an apology the next day for how I was talked to, and I do believe that it was sincere, but it took me aback that I was talked to like that at all. I wonder if it will happen again.

One main reason that spurred the confrontation was this child in my class. This girl is crazy. Her mood can change within a second. If she does not want to do something then she is not going to do it. It is as simple as that. The more you ask her, the harder it is and the more she shuts down. It is a constant battle. This last week she turned a corner into even more fierce behavior, where she was actual physical with students and with the teacher (which was the reason for the talk down to from my coworker). There really isn't a build up or a regression, she just shoots up and then sometimes within seconds she is fine again. It is crazy.

I was very much ready for the weekend and do not want to go back on Monday!!!
Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment