Tuesday 16 August 2011

irony

So I am almost done with my summer job and I have nothing really lined up yet for after this ends. I am trying to not freak out, but sometimes I realize that I need to be a grown up now, where I pay for my own car insurance, cell phone bill, chiropractor appointment and so on. I am still living a very charmed life. I will be having a rude awakening when I decide to finally cut the umbilical cord, so to speak.

I began reading One Day by David Nicholls and the book picks up when these two main characters graduate from university. Then for years to come they are either gallivanting around the world or working dead end jobs at Loco Caliente, a Mexican restaurant in England (irony). How they both were settling and not living up to their potential. It really made me think about my life and where I want to be in a few years. The sad thing was that I thought I could see myself forgetting about my dreams and settling into anything, that pays. Well I am definitely lining myself up for that outcome. I am so not proactive and I just wait around for things to happen. Life will continue to pass me by if I let it. People who are living their dreams rarely wait for it, they go out and seize it.

Well here is to seizing it, at home, because I am not going anywhere soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment