Wednesday 3 August 2011

Children.

So I work with children. Everyday it is different and I love that. I have been working with two year olds all week and they are hilarious. I am all out laughing so much.

This one boy was taking forever to wake up from his nap and so I took him off his cot and set him on the floor. He is just sitting there with his head down. Then I chuck his shoes at him for him to put them on and he goes to the bath room and goes back to sit down. The next thing I know he says to another boy that is putting his shoes on, " You're putting your shoes on the wrong feet, boy." As if he is a hill-billy/ghetto fab little boy. It was not the tone or sentence I would have seen coming from a 2 year old. I was laughing so hard.

One thing that happens when working with kids is trying to get them to eat different foods that they might never normally try. I am not talking about eating some crazy foods, just for example Shepherds Pie, beef and corn and mashed potatoes. My fellow teacher puts a bite on the spoon of a few of the kids because she wants them to try it. One girl, who always has a stank face, tries it and looks like she is seriously about to spit it out. She looks like she is about to vomit. It was so funny, I practically crying from her funny facial expressions. She is also known as their little china girl because they cannot understand what she says a lot of the time. Sometimes I swear she is speaking a different language. the other day I had to get within inches of her mouth so I could even hear what she was saying. I could have swore she was telling me to shut up, but then I realized she just wanted up, on my lap.

Kids for sure make life interesting and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment