Sunday 7 August 2011

Hobbies


Also a few things that I have picked up to pass the time, that I am spending alone, ha.

I have learned to knit. I just started yesterday. I am knitting a thick beige circle scarf. I will post pics when I am finished.

I have also bought canvas to continue painting what inspires me. We shall see what comes of that.

I have also desired to start sewing again. I would like to make my own clothes. I have not sewn since my first year of university, but hopefully it will be enjoyable. I have an apron that I am going to begin with. Maybe you will see me on Project Runway some day. Or maybe just Etsy.

I have been someone in the past that will simply give up, or convince myself that I do not like to do it anymore, when the task became a little difficult. That is what I did with Soccer, Softball, Yearbook (in university), the drums, the guitar, the piano. I seem to be a seasonal hobby enthusiast. I only try it for a season.

Hopefully these hobbies stick and I simply try to be myself. Paint what I want to paint, knit what I like to knit, design something that I love. Not to impress anyone else, simply myself.

I want to stay true to myself.

1 comment:

  1. If you enjoy the sewing there are lots of projects I could give you! Some of the cutest little girl stuff is hand-made:)

    ReplyDelete