Tuesday 24 May 2011

Home at Last-

Well I have made it home. It took three and a half days. We went through Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore, and even stopped at Wall Drug. My friend I drove with got pulled over about an hour and half from home, opps. He got a speeding ticket.

It feels odd to be home and know that this is where I could be for a while, unless something else changes. I went to the dentist today, it has been a year and a half since I was last there and my dental hygienist was asking me a lot of questions about loans and financial aid. I realized that I am getting older. I know this is not something revolutionary to realize, but throughout this last year while I was teaching I felt as though I was not old enough to be doing this. I kept thinking , I am months away from being a certified teacher and I do not feel as though I am old enough to be responsible for children. Let me try and explain it a bit better. I know that I am now 24 years old and have 2 degrees, but I still feel as though I am a child, with a bit more life experience and debt.

I am not sure if this is something that most college grads go through, maybe if I was married or getting married and starting a family I might feel as though I am the right age, but I am a college grad that has chosen to move home to save money and rest a bit, I have a lot of debt, but I am not factoring anyone in. I am still quite selfish in my decision making, because I can be. That is maybe why I still feel like a child, because yes, I can make wiser decisions, but they still only revolve around me. (yes they affect others, but no one is having to make these decisions with me).

I have a steady job for the summer working at a daycare/school that is attached to a church. It is a great place to work. It is quite small and I have worked there for a few years now and I know everyone and feel comfortable. I went in yesterday to say hello and find out anything that I need to do before I start next week and was informed that I could possibly have a full time job in the fall. The only catch is that I am not teaching grade school kids, I would be teaching 2 year olds. That is right 2 year olds. It really isn't teaching it is more like babysitting, but I guess I cannot be picky, I would still be working with kids. But is any experience really good experience? We will have to see.

until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment