Wednesday 4 May 2011

the last few days

So I have started my 2 week course on teaching social studies. It is for 3 1/2 hours 4 nights a week. It hasn't actually been that bad. Time does seem to fly.

I found a few new blogs that I quite enjoy about teaching.

So I had to find a quite a few weeks ago that I wanted to use during my education graduation ceremony. Let me tell you it took a long time to find one, and I just needed to finally pick one. It was quite anticlimactic at the ceremony, people were walking in front of it and you couldn't even read it but the quote I chose was a quote from Mark Twain. I found that I loved his quotes.


“20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the one’s you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” ~ Mark Twain.

I found this to be quite true and I hoped when I chose this quote that my life would be marked by catching the wind in my sails and not always playing it safe.

here are some other Mark Twain quotes.
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

All right, then, I'll go to hell.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment