Monday 18 April 2011

Reflection/ Mona Lisa



So today is my first day being done with student teaching. I have the whole week off and I am already missing my class. I am also slightly bored. This past semester has been amazing. I could not have asked for a better SA. I switched schools and SAs from last semester.
She has taught me so much about teaching. If you talk to students kindly and trust them they want to meet your expectations, but when you are always down on them they begin to feel as though they could never do anything right.

Above are a few pictures of projects that I did with my kids over the past semester.This first one is a Mona Lisa Collage. I had a picture of the Mona Lisa already cut up into 25 pieces and then I talked to them about Leonardo Da Vinci and the Mona Lisa, its history. Then students received a piece of paper and a picture. I let them swap if they wanted to. Then they duplicated that picture onto their bigger page. It turned out amazing. I also made sure to give the hands and face to people in my class that were more artistically inclined. Whenever someone walked into my classroom they always commented on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment