Saturday 13 September 2014

Get your head in the game!


So if any of you know me at all and we get talking about sports, football and hockey mostly, I cannot shut up. I am a Green Bay Packers fan, now please do not close this window so soon, hear me out. I was born in Wisconsin and oh who cares, I do not have excuses they are a great team, with some great guys, I hope, and I just love them.

Now Hockey has not always been a favorite, but living in Canada for 5 years can turn you into a hockey fan. (I went to school in Canada) I was a horrible fan when I first started attending our university's, don't mock me saying university its just what they say, I would yell flying V, because hello I'm American and the only exposure most of us has had to hockey is all of the Mighty Ducks movies. I thought a power play was simply when one team was coming on strong the goal. (some of you might still think that is what a power play is) but truly hockey is awesome it is so fast paced and it can turn on you in a second. You think your team has it in the bag and then oh no the other team just scored 3 points and we lost. Now I am from Illinois so of course I am a Blackhawks fan. I was a fan of the Blackhawks before they won their first Stanley cup, but I will confess I have become a bigger fan since they won their last Stanley Cup. Wow I get off on tangents.

Anyway. Back to Football because that is the only sport that is important that is playing right now, sorry I'm not sorry Baseball (my Cubs are not in it anyway). And back to the whole reason for this post. I have done something that has created me to talk about football even more. I text my brother about it constantly, I tell whoever is listening about it, and I know they do not care. I look it up, and seriously, as my mom puts it, just stare at the screen, but really I am checking everything out.

I joined a Fantasy Football League.

I am not sure why I have not done this sooner. It could be because I knew what it would do to me, I'm already kind of obsessed, so now what am I, what word means more than obsessed, I cannot think of one. But I actually think it is because I did not have anyone asking me to join their team. Well this year I am in an all girls league, maybe a good way to start off. I absolutely love it. I am fixated it on it. Of course I had no idea what I was doing in my draft for players. I got a kicker in like the 4th round, thats a no-no, I did not know that. I got a defense practically right after that, also I have no clue what I am doing. I have a bunch of Wide Receivers I do not know, but hoping for the best. I ended up getting a B- from the fantasy experts or whoever for how I drafted, which I take as pretty good. That was practically the grade I got all through university, (side note, not sure why but I always want to capitalize University when I write it, see, I just did it, I think its because it sounds so much more proper, ha, a liberal arts education)

But anyways I won my first week and I was not suppose to, I am the underdog this next week too, Lets see if I can create an upset again? Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment