Sunday 27 April 2014

The extra money will not buy me happiness.

So I know that I said I was wondering if I was going to be teaching in the classroom setting again. There were many reasons as to why I came to that conclusion. I also have been doing a lot of searching and wondering what my mission is. What does God ask of me? I am still not entirely sure what that is or where that is. I have had a few people tell me of different teaching job opportunities. I have had conversations with different people trying to help figure out what my next step is. I have thought, pondered and talked with God about what he would have me do. I feel as though I cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I had a past employer seek me out and wants me to teach. I know, I know I said I wouldn't teach. But I would already know everyone there. It would be a comfortable place for me to regroup and get my groove back. (ha, feeling like Stella, but in a completely different way). I would only have like 5 kids which is pretty much small group teaching or tutoring which is what I was thinking I would be better at. The place is so low stress it is not even funny. I get to run my own classroom, it is not micromanaged at all. Some of the parents very much want me as their student's teacher. Oh and they do take a test, but it is for sure not me teaching to the test, which was one of the issues with teaching in the public school classroom. Oh  yea by the way it is a private school.

I would be making significantly less than I am now. But my life would be so much happier. The extra money will not buy me happiness.

So I am pretty sure that is what I am going to do for this next year. Try and save a lot of money, pay off some of my loans. Maybe pick up a part time job. I would love to be a personal shopper or help women with their style. But I do not see a huge market for that in Freeport. Ha.  We'll see... oh my motto for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment