Saturday 19 January 2013

Daily Goal update

So I have been doing the daily goal for about 2 weeks now and this last week went really well.

I have focused on things such as giving a well structured lesson, focusing on those doing right, staying positive and so on. I was telling my kids that I am not sure if my mood has just improved or if they have, but this last week was amazing. I actually enjoyed them this last week. It went well.

The first day I was trying to be positive. It lasted til about 1:30. My aid said maybe I should do for another day because I did not make it the whole day. I would say the focusing on those doing right has made a big impact. I find that when I am pointing out those doing what I asked it is like the Pavlov dog with the bell and the food, they all fall into line. " Hey I am loving how ________ is doing just what I asked." Then it is like dominoes I can watch the effect move across the room, they all end up doing what I asked without me actually having to reprimand those not obeying. It was great, then there is still a positive atmosphere and I am not nagging all of the time. I will continue to try it and post my success or failures, whichever.




1 comment:

  1. I really like how you are doing so well at this goal, Erica! ;)

    ReplyDelete