Wednesday 1 February 2012

Facebook status mind

It is kind of ridiculous and I am a little ashamed to say this, but not feel as though I am alone. I often think in Facebook status updates. What I mean by this is that when I am going throughout my day and something funny happens or tragic or bizzarre, or anything really in my mind I think of how I would write as a Facebook status update.

It is quite weird and feel as though Facebook has maybe penetrated a bit a too deep. Or it is kind of nice that I am sum up that event or experience in a little sentence. (maybe stretching it a bit too far). I rarely actually write these things on Facebook, but think that it can be paralleled to those people who take a good picture and think, this would look great as my profile pic or on Facebook in general.

It is funny how we want everyone to know what is going on in our lives, so we update the status or the photo album, but we rarely actually talk to people about what is going on. I do not know how many times I have either said this phrase or heard it said, "Oh I saw that on Facebook." We did not talk to the person personally about the event, but we know what is going on in their lives. Its kind of crazy. I guess that is what I am doing on a blog too, but I just have lots of thoughts, if I did not get them out, I would go crazy maybe never sleep.

I guess this is the 21st century that social network decade, where we care more about what we put on Facebook/social network sights than we do about... school work, our jobs, our future, lots of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment