Thursday 15 September 2011

so far...

So it has been a few weeks since I started with these kindergartners and I have realized, well I knew this before but it has been reinforced, that kids especially young kids are very blunt.

You know if they either like what you are wearing or if you made a huge mistake with that skirt/blouse combo. They will make very clear if your new haircut is fabulous or not. Or if you just decide to style your hair a little bit different, say curly, that day, they will let you know very quickly if it makes the cut. I wore my hair curly a few days ago, and the moment I sat down at the desk, I hear your hair is crazy. And then I say, was that very nice and they say no. I then said, to this little boy, what if I told you your hair was crazy. And the boy proceeds to say my hair is short it doesn't get crazy. Touche.

Well I also find it very funny when these children say things that are very grown up. For example this one kid who is sometimes quite difficult makes the comment my eye really hurts and I am beginning to feel like no one cares. It was hilarious and quite matter-a-fact.


I am for sure sick of saying stop hitting, kicking, biting and please stand in line quietly, stop touching each other hands to yourself.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment