Monday 26 September 2011

Money!!!

So as a college graduate I do not have a lot of money. I have been doing pretty good over the summer, but with student loans on the horizon I am starting to realize that the party is over.

I have to actually become an adult. Reality is around the corner and I need to actually budget. Well what I really need to do it find another job. I will not be able to live with the income that I am bringing in when my student loan bills start coming in.

Money can feel like a necessary evil. It is impossible to live a life in society without some form of income, but there are so many different ways you can go about that. Money can become everything, which I do not want. But I do want it to be a result of something that I really enjoy doing. Working with kids is something that I love, and I am not sure what to do for a part-time job. I could waitress, I could put in applications everywhere, but I feel as though some of the best results have happened because I have waited. I have not just jumped, but I have thought, contemplated and waited for the best move. Maybe not always the most financially rewarding, but rewarding in a way that is so much more transcendent.

I have been thinking about different ways that I can make extra money on my terms, using some of my gifts or interests in such a way that I can create a little income. One thing that I have thought about is being a personal shopper. Maybe go into a few different retirement homes and ask if at any time anyone would need a new outfit for some sort of special occasion.

I guess in some ways I don't want to be conventional, but I also wonder if I can afford to develop this, or if I need to just find something quick and painless.

As a recent university graduate, I am not sure if I can be picky with my jobs, but I also sometimes feel as though I have paid my dues with cleaning toilets, literally many toilets, and I guess I want to do something that I enjoy.

Maybe I have pride, maybe I just want to use my interests to make money.
We shall find out what is in store next!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment