Sunday 12 June 2011

Returning home after university.

So I have a couple additions to my summer to-do list:
-go to a Broadway play or a play in general.
-do something that allows me to be more cultured
-See a Ballet

So I have hung out with a few different groups of friends since I have been home. It is odd because most of us do not have our own places so we are living at home and when we hang out if we do not go out, we hang out at someone's house. It is just like high school. Another realization that I have had being home is that since I went far away to school I have no cross over friends. I have my Freeport friends, and my University friends and to be really picky I also have my group from Ecuador. While I was hanging out with these two groups of friends, also no crossovers within these two groups either, I did enjoy it, but I could not help feeling as though it was just like high school. I have grown so much over the past 6 years, as I have mentioned, and there is no one at home that took those strides with me. So the friends from home are not going to push me to be that person I have become because really they do not exactly know who I am.

It is not their fault, because I am terrible at keeping in touch and when so much time passes by I cannot relate to them the daily or even weekly milestones that have been conquered. They only get the jist, or the ending result. They still might see me as the Erica from high school. And that is not who I am.

I want to be challenged and I want to be pushed to reach the potential that I am suppose to reach. I do not want to digress, my blog is not called digress it is called egress, I am not going back by I am exiting into something new, not old.

Just some thoughts about returning home. I have others, they will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment